Monday, August 10, 2015

Picture Book 10 for 10



I LOVE picture books and trying to pick just 10 is so hard! But for today I'm going to go with the 10 best that I've read so far this year, even though I'm sure there will be duplicates from others, but so far the ones pictured below are my favorites. They are my 4/5 ⭐️ books due to theme, humor, illustrations, if they made me laugh or cry or if it taught me something. Some are new and some are older but all are books I will be sharing this school year :) 












6 comments:

  1. Oh, so many great titles! I'm interested in the book SURPRISE but can't locate the title at my library or Goodreads. Who is the author? Reminds me of HAPPY by Mies van Hout. (Now that I look again, I think it is the same author!) Love YARD SALE, FLOAT, and always a favorite BEAR HAS A STORY TO TELL.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback :-) It's my first 'real' posting! Yes, SURPRISE is by van Hout...I just found it at the library the other day and it is adorable! Could totally be a 'baby shower' book :-) I'll have to find HAPPY now! I had the amazing opportunity to meet Philip and Erin Stead and Matthew Cordell this summer and their work is stunning as well. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Float looks intriguing. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Tammy
    Apples with Many Seeds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collection of books! Surprise gave me all the feels! I just ordered Float--looks gorgeous! Still haven't seen Wish--need to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! Surprise and Wish would be amazing as "baby shower" books :-) Wish hit home for me and I bawl every time I read it <3

      Delete