Saturday, November 29, 2014

momsense...like Spidey sense, but for moms

I haven't written in a long time because I'm still trying to figure out the perfect balance for this blog...home, work, school, etc... but today when I wanted to write out a rambling  post on Facebook, I decided this would be a better outlet for it...so here it is...

momsense...like spidey sense but for moms :-) 
my 'little big boy' aka my 12 year old, complained of a sore throat this morning...by noon I could tell it wasn't just the usual allergies... so without even thinking we went to the urgent care and he has strep throat. So glad we went! He hasn't been 'sick' in a long time and I could just tell... but now I'm a bit nervous...he has a horribly severe allergy to penicillin... so what do they give him? Keflex...which states right in the warnings that if you have an allergy to penicillin, etc that you probably shouldn't take it... and the Dr knew this, and went ahead and prescribed it anyway! Well, I had him take it...because they went to school for a LOT longer than I did right? Now I feel like I  need to keep an even closer eye on him to watch for itchy throat, swelling, a rash, etc. without making him feel creeped out and annoyed with me any more than normal. So, is my momsense wrong this time? It was this summer when I thought he had secondary drowning and took him to the ER while on vacation.  I am praying it is... going to make up for it by feeding him pudding and Popsicles while snuggling up on the couch watching X-Men Days of Future Past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment