Monday, January 2, 2012

new beginnings

3 years ago walking up and down stairs felt like a chore so decided that I needed to lose the weight I had gained during my pregnancy with my youngest...almost 3 years after he was born, but it was a start. I ended up losing almost 30 lbs just from mall walking with a friend. After about 6 months, I stopped walking but managed to keep most of the weight off. I dropped 2 sizes and got rid of everything that was too big. I gained a few lbs back, but stayed pretty much the same size. Fast forward 2 years and I started to feel 'old' again with aching knees and joints and decided to do something totally extreme about it so I joined a gym, hired a personal trainer and signed up for a 5K. Talk about extreme! It was the hardest I have ever worked in my entire life! After my first session I balled my eyes out and wanted to quit. A good friend told me to keep going, and I am SO glad that I listened to her! I felt so accomplished because I stayed with it, even though I wanted to quit every time but I felt so much healthier, and had so much more energy afterwards! When the time came for me to do my 5K I was so nervous...I knew I wasn't going to win or anything, I just worried I wouldn't be able to finish... but I did! In just over 40 minutes too! I sobbed as I crossed the finish line and into the waiting arms of my amazingly supportive husband. It was the emotional equivalent of giving birth to my 2 beautiful boys and I can't wait to do it again! :-) During the holidays with different routines and overindulgence of yummy food I got out of my gym routine and cannot wait to get back to it tomorrow! I even bought my husband a few training sessions and a month membership so we can do this together. Here's to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment