Sunday, May 21, 2017

World Read Aloud Day 2016

Found this draft from February of 2016...I still feel this way <3

Over the last few years I've slowly been submerging myself in the librarian & kidlit world. I want to know as much as possible and more importantly share as much as I can with my students and colleagues. It hasn't been easy.  I can't understand why others aren't as ridiculously giddy with excitement over new books!  author visits! Skype! Nerd camp! Twitter! read aloud day!  Weeks! months! Book fairs! as I am. Is it because I'm just starting this journey and others have been in the trenches longer than I have? Is it wanting to keep the status quo? Is it just being overworked? Finding my 'tribe' online is the best thing to happen to me. They keep me excited about what I'm doing & where I'm heading. They are willing share ideas & their time, and their passion. This amazing tribe is filled not only with  famous educators, authors & illustrators but regular people like me. I am grateful to all of them, although I probably come off looking like a stalker to many often ;)
And am continually amazed at what the power of connections can do... This week we are celebrating World Read Aloud Day...and my library will be participating, really and truly participating with educators and authors from around the country!! I can't get over it! What an amazing opportunity for my students! Thank you LitWorld, Andy Plemmons, Shannon Miller and so many others who have made this event possible, even for a beginner like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment