Saturday, March 12, 2016

My own little corner...

Since buying our new home almost 2 years ago I have thought about my own space...I mean I have more books than will ever fit into one room, and my amazing hubby is very sweet & generous in allowing me to have piles of them everywhere...but I'm talking about a library, study, reading nook, 'space' space. Today I am supposed to be finishing up 3 mid-term essays for history, but instead, I cleaned the house while the guys were outside doing yard work. After I cleaned and was in a mad fit trying to collect all of my homework and papers and binders and sticky notes from my various bags and piles to take to the public library, I realized I already HAD a space! Our extra bedroom in the basement! So, instead of immediately starting on my homework I made my own little study & work space. I LOVE our basement...it was one of the big selling points. It has huge windows and makes it feel like regular living space vs a basement. I moved an old desk-aka collect all the junk at the bottom of the stairs/toy room/bedroom shelf-into the bedroom, cleaned if off and out and hung some of my favorite pictures on the wall, as well as a sweet new poster I got from my last Scholastic book fair. I've got a salted caramel candle burning, my Cinnamon Spice tea, my Amazon music, and all of my books, papers, pens, and sticky notes. I haven't been this happy about a room space in a while....It's the little things ❤️
Now onto that mid-term! 😉



No comments:

Post a Comment